Saturday 15 October 2011

Today is Orientaion Day!

Well took a 45 minute walk with some of the other students down to the beach.... long walk but man was it worth it. Everything is beautiful and it was so clean. There is a big hole in the ozone here so I made sure to put plenty of sunscreen on. After we sat on the beach for a little bit we laid behind the beach under some palm trees. So every saturday night we do this thing called youth street. They bring in city kids and we have games, music, and drama. The kids love it and I met this like 16 year old girl named Holly. She was so full of energy and absolutly loved life. I took out my laptop and she saw my backround picture which is of my girlfriend and I in NY. She freaked out and said how beautiful she was and she asked how long we were together. I told her a couple couple months and she proceded to introduce me to her boyfriend. She said they had been together for two years... i was shooked but i heard that's how it is here. Nothing like in the states where kids date just to date lol. Today is orientaion day which means we are going to find out all the details of what we are going to be doing. Im very excited to getting this show on the road :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like some great things are happening already, it will be neat to see how God is working and meet amazing people on your way. Missing you bunches already, but so excited for you! We love you and are proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete